Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Great Grocery store Debacle 08

Why is it that just something so minor like grocery shopping turns into the biggest debacle ever?

We went out for breakfast and then decided that we would go to the liquor store (ya know once it opened) and then I would go and get some juice while he went to get the good stuff. Sounds simple enough, except for the fact of having Thing 1 and Thing 2 with me. We walked into the grocery store and they luckily enough they had the car carts. So I put the kids into the car part and notice it is a really tight squeeze for both things to fit in it. I think that it will be alright we are only getting a few things like soda and juice to mix with the liquor Joel was in buying.

Simple enough!

We begin to browse the store and I pick up a couple extra things like a roast and some chips. About 5 minutes into my carefree browsing session I was by a lady and she said oh my!!
GREAT! So I glance down and I see Thing 2 hitting his sister!! Like punching her in the head. I quickly reprimand him for doing that and go along my merry way. Not even 2 minutes later I hear a gentleman say something to the effect of wow someone is not happy. I happen to glance down agian and see Thing 2 hitting his sister AGIAN!! Ugh!!! Not good. So I take Thing 1 out of the car part and let her walk beside me. We left after that. Tooo crazy.

I know sibling rivilary is alive and well in this family but geez you would think I would be able to at least get some freaking groceries without them ripping each others heads off. When will this end?! I know, I know. Never. It is just the tip of the iceburg in this household. I just hope that when they hit their teen years they do not stoop to playing pranks on each other. That is all I need is a 16 year old prissy ass daughter with only 1 eyebrow because like 13 year old punk brother thought it would be funny to shave the other.

UGH
That is all! Carry on!

0 comments: